Saturday, February 25, 2012

Science Fair


Just today, I found out how small my world really had been... There were over 900 projects in this regional Science Fair, and many were so impressive... I am so tiny. I felt so humbled, but couldn't admit defeat to the other students around...

I was really disappointed at first because I came so clearly unprepared (due to lack of experience and a proper guide), but Mr. M was right. I should be proud of one thing - this investigation had been 100% my own ideas and effort, with no outside help from teachers or parents. Not a lot of other kids could say the same. My own mom didn't even come with me into the building, while everybody else had their parents setting up their stands...

The truth is, no matter what, I still paled in comparison to the TRULY supreme kids.


The world is wide, my dear readers... There are so many good, intelligent people out there. Why are you unsatisfied with your life? Why do you mope around about your own failures? If you are sad, you can always do something about it. Improve yourself. Get out there, know other people - and then you can know yourself as well. You can become the type of person you've always respected, you can surround yourself by good influence, and you can be happy, no matter how badly you have failed yourself, or how badly somebody has failed you.

No comments:

Post a Comment