Saturday, October 26, 2013

Night Market and Gourdough's

 Outfit of the day: Dress (from China), J. Jill cardigan (size S), Dicky's jeans (size 1), and Ecco shoes (size 8).

Shaved ice from the TASA Night Market!

I was a little disappointed, to be honest, because I've been craving decent Chinese food all week and was so looking forward to free food... But the 葱油饼 was dry and flavorless, and I wasn't fond of the other street-style food. The fact that they didn't have 油条 either was also disappointing, but I guess I wasn't really expecting that, since that's more of Beijing-style food and the organizations hosting this event never made the claim that they'd bring that. Bahhh but whatever. I really wanted to show R 葱油饼 that doesn't taste like Jewish bread (in his words, anyway) and let A and M eat some good food too.

Anyway, it was still fun with M, A, and R, probably my three favorite people as of this moment. So yayyy, even if we ended up going to Coco's Cafe later (I could tell M was completely unsatisfied - she's always been the pickiest eater out of all of us, so I felt really bad about that).

On Saturday night, R and I ate at Gourdough's Public House. Introducing... Flying Pig! Filled with artery-choking deliciousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment