Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween on 6th Street

 Great view of downtown :)

 Lovely candid shot provided by M, who was trying to get the Pedo-bear behind me (you can still sorta see his white sneakers). I had to make-do with a quick DIY costume since it was too cold for my nurse outfit, and just wore a flowy artsy dress with a mismatching headband to proclaim myself a hippie.
Oh yeahhh some of the finest characters you'll ever meet.

Mario and Luigi bros!

Oh yeahhh the Sith Lord!! My favorite Darth ever.

 A headless man who couldn't walk two feet without getting a picture taken.

Halloween was a blast! It sucks that it was on a Thursday night since the streets went on forever and it seemed like we could just wander around without getting bored... But S had an 8am class and A had an exam the next day, so we headed back around midnight.

The original plan was to go with a good-sized gang of girls (another A, M, I, and E) and eat at Fuzzy's Taco beforehand, but not surprisingly, things did not go as planned... College students are so irresponsible (I admit, I'm guilty of this too sometimes, but not for fun events!). "I" wanted to go after 2AM (which is too crazy for me and would completely pulverize my sleeping schedule), M said she was too tired after her lab and would rather just eat and watch movies in bed, and A fell sick that night.

But then S, my underclassman from high school, texted me, asking about 6th street (he had never been there before) and then A, a friend from last semester's Stats class, messaged me on FB asking about my plans for Halloween and whether or not she could squeeze in. So I invited them both to come out with me for Halloween.

We almost got caught in the middle of a fight between drunk guys (good thing S knows how to plow his way through a crowd) and had to hold hands not to get lost... It was THAT packed! But there were just so many interesting things to see all at once, and so many great costumes.

Next year I want to coordinate my outfits around a group of people (that Gotham group was pretty badass). We could all dress up from some nerdy anime show or a TV show, and it'd be a lot of fun. I bet the pictures would turn out great too!

No comments:

Post a Comment