Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Starbucks' Salted Caramel Mocha


Just ordered the Salted Caramel Mocha Espresso from Starbucks before meeting up with my Biology professor - I really love it.

And I don't even like going to Starbucks (that much) LOL.

I went to the Starbucks website just to check out what others had to say about it (I thought it'd be sort of like one of these review websites, like how Teavana has reviews on a certain type of tea or something; bahhh I'm such an ignorant child), but instead found... a menu. With nutrition facts.

WHICH I ALSO LOVED. Whoever designed the website... is pretty cool.

So I discovered that by ordering and drinking a tall Salted Caramel Mocha Espresso with no whipped cream, I just downed about 250 calories (60 of them from fat) and a horrendous 40 grams of sugar.

I'm not on a diet or anything, but I just found that fascinating... haha.

And then the description is just... wow.

Espresso and steamed milk, blended with mocha sauce and toffee nut flavored syrup. Topped with sweetened whipped cream, caramel sauce, and a mixture of turbinado sugar and sea salt.

I wasn't sure about the salt part, but it really worked somehow. So good.

I can't believe I spent a whole blog post raving about my newfound love of Starbucks... but I will definitely not be hanging out there everyday (I mean, I'm on a student budget!). Maybe just once a week. :)

2 comments:

  1. which Starbucks do you frequent?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I drink at a local Starbucks on my university's campus!

      Delete