Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Just Some Pictures of Food and a Rant

Went out with the boyfriend over the weekend, ate at Olive Garden~
 

^Minestrone!! Fresh vegetables, bean and pasta in a light tomato broth - a vegetarian classic.

^Eggplant Parmigiana!! So Americanized (fried eggplant?? Really??) but then again... what did I expect from a chain restaurant^^ Lightly breaded eggplant, fried and topped with marinara sauce, mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Served with spaghetti.
 
This entire week has been crazy busy. Last night, after our last class (had classes non-stop from 12:30PM-4:30PM), I went out with a group of classmates to eat an Oktoberfest dinner at the school. I had never tried German food, so that was an interesting experience^^
 
 
 
Right afterwards, we studied Chemistry together, but I found it too distracting with them... I really like being around Lay and Nat - but only for conversational purposes, or for fun... They are super garrulous and won't stop talking, and while they're hilarious and I love how crazy they are, I already regret agreeing to do Inquiry 3 lab with them because they're driving me nuts and I want to preserve our friendship.
 
I did the Inquiry 3 proposal last night with very little contributions from them. But I'm beginning to think that maybe it's because there's something wrong with me... Even Nat pointed it out, she asked me if I was a perfectionist, because apparently that's how I come off as. Whenever she makes a spelling or grammar error, I can't help it - I have to take over.
 
And then I try to do everything myself because I feel like others will screw it up.
 
Back in high school, when I used to always work with my ex-boyfriend, we'd do great on group projects because we were both perfectionists... but with this group, they're sloppy, and now I'm just paranoid about everything.
 
Anyway, I left early because I couldn't focus with them, and when I went back home, B unexpectedly texted me, asking if I was going to the Chemistry academic community. I felt like I should, and so he picked me up, but we both ended up going to the library instead since the review session didn't seem very helpful.
 
At the library, I could study much better... It's a lot easier to study with B than it is with Nat and Lay and S and Bre; he asks me a lot of relevant questions, and when I teach him these concepts, I learn it better as well... And we don't get off-track, thank goodness.
 
I came back home at around 11 o'clock, and went to sleep at 12. And now it's a Wednesday, which is the most miserable day of the week, and I've had a Mocha Frappuccino (which is good but too sweet) and I need to take Chemistry exam tonight and study Biology for the exam on Friday... and we've got a huge Inquiry 3 lab, arghhh I feel so distressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment