Thursday, January 12, 2012

Anonymous Note

This is the note I found today in my pencil box in Math class:

"No matter what, be happy. There will always be someone that loves you."
It was unsigned, but I think I know who it is... And I am touched, even though that person is only repeating something I've always known.

I will have my family and friends who love me, no matter what. There is such thing as unconditional love, and though I am not particularly religious, I have never turned my back on Buddhism.

The virtues of patience and modesty are so appealing. My old mentor understand that the best... He was filled with integrity and knew how to live.

I have never been able to let go of him.

I am rarely ever as happy as I appear, especially in school or at home with my family. How can I be, when a part of me is gone? But to others, it won't matter. When you act happy, others are affected and have lighter spirits, and then you are cheered up as a result as well.

It doesn't matter that the effect is only temporary; after all, isn't that what we're all aiming for in this world? Just being content for the time being.

I am still in love with a person whom I will never see again in this lifetime. But I am also still very happy with my life, and I think that he would be happy for me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment