Monday, December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving Break

Cooked a small portion of syrup-glazed sweet potatoes for a Thanksgiving dinner!

Made old-fashioned Chinese noodle soup on a cold day, yum~

Regular stir-fry, with mushrooms, bok choy, tomatoes, rice, ginger, garlic, and scallions.

I've been spending a ton of money on food lately, and so I'm trying to cut back by buying more groceries and cooking... It's cheaper, albeit time-consuming. Especially for college students with unsteady schedules. But it always makes me feel better (therapy cooking, anybody?) and I hate wasting food, so... Plus now there's more flexibility! I can make food that I really like. I'm not a picky eater, but I do have some weird preferences (like veggies over meat and sour vinegar over salty soy sauce), so that's nice too!

Froyo with A and S!

Finally made it back to Dallas... I thought this picture of Daisy was especially poetic.

A long walk with my mom and my dog! (Who refuses to look at the camera... bahaha)

Yay, got to meet up with my childhood friend, H, and my brother, K! We ended up hiding away from all the other screaming Chinese toddlers and watching Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.

Went Black Friday shopping with H! We spent a large portion of that time looking through cat books haha.

I used Wet n Wild's Sugar Coat on my nails! Didn't really like it that much :( The formula and brush was terrible - the color is so pretty and elegant with just one coat, but it comes off as really streaky, and it took me a long time to cover it up, with like four coats. And then it takes forever to dry (at least with four coats), and so a few individual nails were messed up since I got impatient and wanted to do stuff and I had to redo them a couple of times.

I don't think I'll be using this one again! Even if the color is so pretty...

No comments:

Post a Comment