Wednesday, November 27, 2013

The Republic of Tea's Blackberry Sage Black Tea Review


An enchanting blend of black tea, fruit and herbs. Finest quality Indian leaves mingle with sweet, fragrant blackberries and cool, soothing white sage. The mild, head-clearing character of the white sage herb contributes to a wise tea mind.

Price: $10 per 3.5 oz/$2.86 per oz
Preparations: 3-5 min
  • Again, I am not particularly fond of black teas. They usually have a very strong, almost bitter flavor as compared to the lighter white and green teas or sweet herbal teas. But I actually enjoyed this one, to an extent - it was appreciated as a pick-me-up replacement for coffee in the morning.
  • The sage was what really did it for me. The blackberry pieces were very few, but it wasn't particularly refreshing, so I didn't feel like I missed much. The sage, however, adds sort of a kick of flavor, especially if you like the herb. I happen to love sage very much, so that was awesome.
  • The color is nice, typical of most black teas with its reddish hue. The fragrance was also not bad, but it didn't exactly leave me wafting over the canister the entire time either.
  • This tea is ten times better brewed with honey/sugar and allowed to cool down. I had accidentally let it cool down too much once, during winter, and then took a sip, and it was amazing! After that incident, I started drinking it as an iced tea instead, because it was really nothing special as a warm cup of tea.
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment