Friday, August 2, 2013

Teavana's "Mango Mate Pu-erh Punch Tea" Review

http://s7d5.scene7.com/is/image/Teavana/31353_d?$slge$ 
For a taste of something sweet, spicy, and wonderfully exotic, breathe in the rich flavors of India in this sweet curry, chai, mango, passionfruit, mate, and pu-erh tea blend. Steeped with rich ripe guava, double citrus, and a touch of ginger, this invigorating and refreshing combination enlightens the senses, conjuring up the bustling markets of Agra near the Taj Mahal.
Sweet mango well balanced with spice and pu-erh.

Price: $8 per 2 oz/$4 per oz... I got this at a half-price sale however.
Preparations: 1.5 tsp, 208 degrees F, 5-6 min.

  •  My first thought when I tried this out was that I wasn't sure whether or not I liked it. The tea was very different from anything I'd ever tried before; I've never drank a flavored pu-erh drink before, and the mango-curry combination made the tea more spicy than sweet. But it was potable, and like the conservative Chinese I am, I drank it all.
  • The color is gorgeous; it's an orange-ish hue reminiscent of tropical fruits like mango or passionfruit. The aroma is nice too, with a hint of spice, but nothing overpowering.
  • After a few weeks of drinking, I have been enjoying the flavor more and more. It's definitely not one of my absolute favorites, but it's a nice go-to for the lazy afternoons. I have not tried it iced, and I'm not sure if I want to since the flavor seems more appropriate as a hot tea.
  • Honestly, I would only buy this again if it was on sale. While I liked it, I didn't feel as if it was worth $8/two oz (and if you've been to Teavana in-stores, you know that the cashiers generally tend to force you into accepting and paying more than you really want).
  • I'm not sure what type of people I'd recommend this to. If you like sweet, tangy teas, you might be disappointed, unless you appreciate a different approach every once in a while.

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment