Friday, August 9, 2013

Davids Tea's Salted Caramel Review

 Salted Caramel
There’s no better treat than a salted caramel. You won’t find this in your history books, but we’ve heard that Romeo seduced Juliet with a salt-sprinkled toffee. Rich, buttery and sweet with a kiss of salt – who can resist? So it goes without saying that it makes for a seriously delicious tea. This is a rich black tea blend, strewn with pieces of English toffee, coconut, caramel and a touch of French sea salt. It’s guaranteed to seduce your taste buds.

Price: $6.75 per 1.76 oz; $3.84 per oz... I got it as a free sample however.
Preparations: 1.25 tsp, 208 degrees F, 4-7 min

  •  I sniffed it as it came out of the bag... No noticeable fragrance then, and there were no visible pieces of caramel or toffee in the sample I received, only black tea leaves. But after brewing it and steeping for about 5 min, I could definitely smell the caramel-chocolatey fragrance, which was not particularly artificial but soothingly sweet and dessert-like.
  • Tastes nice with milk and honey/sugar! By itself, it tastes alright - a lot of that rich "black tea" flavor, a very slight hint of sweetness. Not sure if I would describe it as "buttery"; it's a very nice hue though, and with milk it's a creamy indulgence.
  • I was a little disappointed, however, because I couldn't taste the salt. Nor could I smell it, for that matter. There was only a very faint tinge in the aftermath.
  • I may be a little biased because I do not like black teas in general... And this is such a typical example of black tea. Strong flavor even with just one teaspoon. So I'm going to try to be a little more lenient with the rating, because all-in-all, it's really not a bad tea at all.
  • Would recommend for those who like sweet chocolate-flavored teas or just a touch of dessert decadence. Unfortunately, I am not a particular fan of black tea nor do I particularly like chocolate, so I would probably not purchase this.
Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment