Friday, August 23, 2013

End of Summer

The end of summer is already near... Oh no;; now I have to start looking for a pharmacy tech job and apply for pharmacy schools and do coursework again... Bahaha, I suppose I don't have it too bad; this semester should be easier compared to last semester, and I'm actually excited to get my own apartment with two other friendly roomies, but I'm not ready yet :( Ready or not, I'm heading back to Austin tomorrow though.

First direction of thought: English Breakfast Tea

Well, my dad received a "Kate Middleton and Prince William wedding" tea, and we finally opened it up this morning to try it. Being the typical Chinese we are, we typically don't drink black tea with milk and sugar, but we decided to try it the British way, with some English breakfast items such as scones and pastries.

All in all, the experience was pretty neat. First, I tried the black tea by itself - and honestly, I thought it was pretty gross. Somehow it's just very strong without that sweet, floral aroma that tea usually has. But after adding milk and honey, it was a lot better and easier to drink, especially accompanied with sweets.

I don't think I like British-style tea as much as traditional Chinese teas like Pu-erh or Oolong (the fact that the tea was in tea bags especially annoyed me too), but it was fun and new and interesting, and I'm glad to finally understand what British writers are describing when their characters are drinking tea.

Second direction of thought: Daan Sushi

Sushi sampler as an appetizer... So pretty.

Here is the Daan Special! Big eye tuna, fresh salmon, yellowtail, avocado and cucumber with smelt fish egg on top.

And now the Caterpillar Roll! Baked fresh water eel and cucumber topped with avocado with sweet sauce.

Third Direction of Thought: Selfies


Outfit of the day: Roxy glasses, Roots tank dress (size S), Ann Taylor cardigan (size M), Naturalizer heels, unknown belt, and Harajuku bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment