Friday, September 14, 2012

Friday Scare

First off, it was raining yesterday and I got a free rain poncho here at the Student Activity Center in UT.


Then at around 10 o'clock, the sirens went off and we were told to evacuate the campus... which sucked, because all of my belongings were still in my dorm :( I had been walking on the way to my Biology class, which was luckily on the border of the campus anyway, so I just kept walking straight ahead to a nearby coffee store.

Later, it turned out a guy with a Middle Eastern accent had called UT that morning and claimed he was with Al-Qaida, and that he had encircled the campus with bombs that would go off in 90 minutes. What a clamor! Luckily, he proved to be both stupid and fake.

My friend was riding a car with another friend, caught sight of me, and forced me into her car... LOL. We went to the house of off-campus inhabitants, and overall it was a pretty miserable morning because:

1). I hate rain, especially walking in it.
2). My plans for tonight were ruined, like the FRI picnic :(

But I was quickly cheered up because my group of high school friends invited me out to a concert (free admission!) and it was AMAZING. UT has so many talented singers and performers, not to mention Joseph Vincent came out at the very end and I am still in awe at his lovely voice.

^Dragon and me, Main Tower, before the concert~~

^Joseph Vincent singing I'm Yours by Jason Mraz~


^At the concert, having gone through rain and sweat and terribleness. But a happy ending to a miserable day.

No comments:

Post a Comment