Monday, December 26, 2011

Lovely Christmas Day

Winter days are so lovely... I've always preferred summer because that's when my birthday is, but winter brings out a soft sort of nostalgia in me that summer can't quite replace.

Other times, (especially during the fall/November phase) whimsical notions are just so depressing... I think about how testing and school never seems to end, how I haven't seen my brother in such a long time, how I might not get a scholarship to my ideal school... I think about how pathetic I may seem in comparison to the real "superstars" who is able to achieve everything and nourish their talents and hobbies...

But during the winter, I finish up my work very easily and I go back to dreaming. Sometimes, it's as if he's never gone... And my Chinese family and friends are so 热闹,so happy in a way I can't even quite describe in English... It makes me so happy too.


^Me and my cousin Angela, near a water refining processor.

1 comment:

  1. hello =] i completely agree with u about winter and ur cuzin is so cute! i really like reading ur blog, plz keep updating!

    ReplyDelete