Thursday, October 27, 2011

Hehe

It's so funny how Yuhao and I have all of the same books on our shelves... I have Wuthering Heights, Count of Monte Cristo, A Tale of Two Cities, Phantom of the Opera, and Crime and Punishment on my shelf. He has the same - in Chinese.

Then he has 《西游记》 and 《红楼梦》. Well, maybe it's not so much of a surprise that I have these books too, seeing as they're two of the four great classics, but I happen to have Journey to the West in English translation as well as Chinese as well!

I've never known any other person who likes the same classics I do, let alone someone close to my age. I mean, he's only 19 years-old. So I was really amazed.

Me: "We're probably going to marry each other when we grow up."
YH: "I think so too."
Me: "I feel bad for you. You're going to be stuck with me forever."
YH: "That's alright... It could be worse."
Me: "How?"
YH: "I could be stuck with someone who isn't you."

That really made me brighten up. It sounds like a line from a classic novel, something I would love to read^^

No comments:

Post a Comment