Saturday, April 20, 2013

"Jiro Dreams of Sushi" Review

So I've been feeling pretty good lately, which might explain why I'm posting so much on this blog recently. Things have been quite busy for me, and it'll only get busier. I'm trying to get a headstart on finals and studying for PCAT (taking it this summer) earlier, while raising my GPA and getting the title of Pharmacy Technician (which shouldn't be hard at all). I'm already a Pharm Tech Trainee, I just need to find a decent job or internship to train myself while earning money.

And of course, I need to build up an impressive personal statement and get recommendation letters. Hopefully I'll be successfully admitted to UT Austin's pharmacy school by this time next year!

Got a 95 on my last Biology test, I think my cumulative GPA is definitely going to go up because I'm doing so well in all my classes. I want at least a 3.6, and I know that's realistic enough.

Anyway on to the documentary review.

Jiro Dreams of Sushi is an amazing documentary. I would recommend this to food lovers, cultured people, and anybody who has even the slightest bit of ambition. The only people I would probably NOT recommend this to are vegetarians, because there are quite a few painful-looking scenes in which sea animals are being prepared for someone's meal haha.

  • Jiro's work ethic and passion is truly inspiring; his simple-minded determination is something very rare indeed.
  • I don't necessarily agree with all of his life philosophies, but I can definitely see how his background has influenced such beliefs, and overall he is a hard-working man who deserves all the recognition.
  • Beautifully filmed, visuals are amazing. Might make you hungry...

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment