Sunday, June 30, 2013

Sterling Tea's Yerba Chai Red Tea Review



A spicy cinnamon chai blend of organic rooibos and energizing mate.

Price: $8.50 per 2 oz/$4.25 per oz... Got this at a sale for $4 of 2 oz.
Preparations: 1 tsp, 185-205 degrees F, 5-7 min.
  • Despite being classified as a "red tea," this drink is an energizing brew because of mate, so it's a pretty good pick-me-up for those days where you need a boost of energy but don't want too much caffeine.
  • Ginger flavor can be pretty strong... I don't taste much orange, so I wouldn't recommend this for fruity tea lovers.
  • Not strong or spicy enough to be an actual chai substitution either!
  • I was "meh" with it overall. It was alright, but I was a little disappointed because I was expecting more spiciness, more flavor from this tea. Even when I increased the tablespoon dosage, the tea still lacked aroma.
Rating: 2 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment